How Can My Accounting Firm Avoid Downtime During Tax Season?
Frequently Asked IT Support and Consulting Questions from New York City Accounting Firms
Will Moving to the Cloud Help My Accounting Business?
Though the cloud is a popular business solution, it isn’t necessarily the right tool for every business. A managed IT services professional can best help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of migrating your systems to the Cloud.
The Cloud can, however, be used to help your accounting business to see an increase in office productivity while still providing you with secure and reliable access to all of your data and applications. Cloud-based solutions also often dramatically reduce IT overhead costs.
How Can I Be Sure My Client Data is Safe?
Employing a full-time IT person to deal strictly with security against cyber attacks is costly and inefficient use of your resources. Moving to security services with Setton Consulting offers you guaranteed security backed by strict regulations governing the necessary precautions to safeguard your client data.
What Services are Available to Accounting Firms from Setton Accounting?
- Managed IT Services – maintaining and monitoring your IT assets to ensure peak performance
- Managed IT Services Plus Hardware – providing you with the complete package: IT support, computers, servers, endpoints, and firewall
- Cybersecurity Solutions – ensuring the protection of your data and workflow
- Cabling – working with design and implementation of your network cabling
- VOIP Communications – providing you with modern business telephone functionality delivered over the new internet infrastructure
- Cloud Computing Services – leveraging cloud potential to save you money while giving you more flexibility and mobility
- Networking Services – using the latest in high-level networking technology and support to keep your business running
What Protects Accounting Data from Ransomware Attacks?
While ransomware is a concern for many businesses today, consistent data backup and recovery offers the best protection against a potential attack. Setton Consulting employs industry-leading cybersecurity protocols which enable collaborative file sharing and sync, full image backup, and redundancy through offsite servers to ensure your data is safe and recoverable any time that you need it.
Can the Cloud Help Me During Peak Tax Season?
For many accounting firms, peak tax season necessitates hiring more staff to handle the workload. While the cost of additional hands-on staff may be necessary, the Cloud enables you to reduce standardized IT costs by allowing you to simply increase the number of users as opposed to expending large amounts of money to acquire more technology assets for temporary employees. Best of all, new users can be added seamlessly, meaning they can get to work right away.
What Are the Costs Associated with Moving My Accounting Firm’s Data to the Cloud?
The Cloud is an extremely efficient system that is also cost-effective. Best of all, with the ease of adding and removing users as needed, your cloud assets can grow as you grow. Moving to the cloud is an initial investment that saves you money in the long run.
What are the Benefits of Working with Setton Consulting’s Accounting IT Specialists?
- Easy access to real-time financial data
- Improved tools for collaboration and communication
- Mobile device support and workflow integration
- Improved productivity
- Regular software updates for increased security
- Access to all versions of QuickBooks
- Priority IT support for accounting firms during tax season
- Remote login to computers and access to data and programs